1. 46 questions every twenty something still asks their mom
I can personally vouch that this is true and is a real struggle. I talk with my mom everyday and the number of questions I have is ridiculous and the best part is if she doesn’t have an answer she will find one. I find 21 especially hilarious and painfully true my chicken never tastes as good as hers. She’s like a walking google of life information and she will always pick up the phone when I call, even if its 1:30 am and I am walking to my car after work. Mom’s are the best so make sure you take the time to thank yours and ask her some of these important questions!
2. Some of you may have read my Wednesday post about my crappy week and if you didn’t feel free to check it out, I just wanted to post again about Mercury being in retrograde because I am a nerd and once I started looking into it I got sucked in. Plus it ties in with mythology and that is a huge vice of mine. Here are a few of my favorite articles that I have found and in case you were wondering when Mercury will be in retrograde this year here are the dates:
January 21 – February 11
May 19 – June 11
September 17 – October 9
Now you may scoff at this, but it does have some validity at least in my life and this week. If it doesn’t in yours then consider this just a little bit of extra knowledge to have for a rainy day!
3. HONY – Humans of New York – he is one of the most influential people I have the pleasure of knowing about right in this moment. I am not saying that no one else is making changes but right now HONY is changing the lives of students that may not have had much of a chance before. So please head over to his Facebook and read about the $800,000 that he has helped to raise for a school in a poor community in New York it will melt your heart and possibly inspire you to donate!
4. In light of the loss that my family has suffered my mom introduced me to this great cause called Kaitlin’s Table. Click on the name to learn more, basically it is a fund that is trying to make a difference in young adults lives that are facing mental illnesses. This is extremely important whether you have battled mental illness, someone you know has or if you have never knowingly faced it before in your life. This program is trying to make sure young adults get the help that they need even if they don’t have the means. Mental illness can effect anyone even if they seem completely normal, I never would have seen this coming and that just goes to show that it can effect anyone. There is no face of mental illness because it can be anyone I urge you to be understanding and patient if you do happen to meet someone that suffers from mental illness. Please check it out and think about what you can do to make a change.
5. I found out on Wednesday that there is a restaurant that is participating in Restaurant week here in Savannah and they are serving farm raised lion I am appalled to say the least. I understand that if you got right down to the bones of it every animal should have the same rights, but there is something about taking this gorgeous creature that is meant to be wild and raising if for slaughter. Also as someone that I work with mentioned that she won’t eat anything that is naturally higher than she is on the food chain. If there is a chance that she could meet it in the wild and it could easily kill her she won’t eat it. I think that is a good mindset but I am not a huge meat eater as it is. I will not be eating at this restaurant ever. What is your opinion on farm raised lion???
Share your thoughts with me guys I love to hear from you!